Let’s roll up our sleeves, get our act together and make a change in our school or local community starting from the bottom up. The EducAction project will target 4 school communities across Europe promoting civic and social competences among young people by strengthening school and local community centrality.
The youth of Faro, Hasselt, Milan and Thessaloniki are involved.
It’s about time the students have their say. You guys go and change what you choose to change at your school. You’re the boss. Sounds good? Well, it goes even further… After the school’s tackled, it’s time to take the next step, your local community.
So you’re in charge, but we won’t let you down. Parents, teachers and the local government will be supporting you through the process. So let’s kick some *ss!
Next to your school, 3 other schools in 3 different European countries are doing the same. During the programme, you will be updated by their actions
EducAction is a project co-funded by the European Union and involved 4 partners from 4 European countries. The action will target 4 “school communities” (Belgium, Greece, Italy, Portugal) to improve social and civic competences of young people and their ability to be active citizens in their own community..
The 24 months’ intervention builds an integrated model of education and civic participation by working at individual, community and institutional level. First we will work at school level through school labs. The next phase is a scale-up of the same approach at the local authority level through community labs.
The action will target 4 “school communities” in 4 European countries (Belgium, Greece, Italy, Portugal) to improve social and civic competences of young people and their ability to be active citizens in their own community. The Project is funded by the European Union – Education, Audiovisual, and Cultural Executive Agency (Erasmus+).
European project partners
The selected project partners each have their own expertise that contributes to the project. They will manage the project and are responsible for the follow-up the intervention in their own city.
Faro_ECOS, Hasselt_UCLL, Thessaloniki_Asteri, Milan_ActionAid
The action will target 4 “school communities” to test the acquisition of social and civic competences and improve both the individual skills of young people and their ability to be active citizens in their own community. Students, teachers and parents will be involved with a focus on the students as they will develop concrete solutions. The action is based on two experimental Labs: one within the school (School Labs) and one open to the whole community (Community Labs). Curious about the participating schools?
You’ll find them by city.
The action will enhance student’s skills, building trust in their community and preparing them to navigate into adulthood. The contribution to the decision-making process of their own community play an active role in program/policy development and it is important in building and shaping youth involvement. Curious about the participating authorities?
You’ll find them by city.
At the local level based on an alliance between local public and private actors. At the national level, the project actors will promote the adoption of models of active youth citizenship in schools, such as the introduction of civic education national programmes or the very methods and techniques used by the project. At the European level, the project’s Partners will encourage active European citizenship and motivate young people to get involved in European politics. Would you like to be part of our stakeholders?
Let’s get in touch.
EducAction is an action oriented project. We are going for it together, step by step. Bottom up. By organizing different labs and events:
School labs in the participating school
- Open experimental lab within the school
- Weekly sessions from September 2020 to January 2021
- Involving students, teachers and parents
- The students choose a challenges for the school in terms of participation.
- Together they work on a solution to these challenges. At the end of the sessions, they present their work to the rest of the school.
- Weekly sessions from February 2021 to May 2021
- The same group of students from the school labs will do research again: this time on challenges for the community of their city.
- The students identify some of these challenges and work together to find solutions.
- At the end of the sessions, they present their solutions. They can vote for different proposals.
- The winning proposal is further elaborated in the next phase: community solutions.
- Sessions from September 2021 to January 2022
- Students get in contact with the community and receive feedback on the further implementation of their solution.
- Together they work on a comprehensive Community Solution Proposal.
- Students receive feedback of this proposal from city staff, who support them in collecting the correct data.
- The finished Community Solution Proposal is presented to the rest of the community in an Action Day.
A public Open Day will mark the beginning of activities at the local level, raising awareness on the project key messages. .
- In each partner country, a National Workshop will be organized to spread the project messages and methods.
- Specific follow-up meetings will be organized with interested stakeholders in order to find ways of sustainability to the project.
- A European Hackathon aimed to co-design and elaborate ideas for the participation of young people in the local decision-making procedures – will be organized.
- A Final Conference in Milan at the end of the project where a Civic Participation Manifesto for improving the quantity and quality of the participation of young people in the definition of public policies will be presented.
In all the advocacy actions, young people will be actively engaged by partners and will be the key actors of every communication activity and events.